July 31, 2007

If You Would Not Fail... #2


What would you do with your life if you knew you would not fail?
From Kim: (USA)
Okay. Tough question. I think I would start another small business...a corner drive thru coffee shop. I would also invest money into the stock market. (Not doing that yet and not sure how). I would like to start up a new ministry at my church. But at the same time I would learn to swim and play in a golf league every week. Maybe I would go to massage therapy school and do massages on the side. Who knows. I guess the possibilities are endless. But with the guarantee of succeeding, I am not sure everything means as much. I think that enjoyment in life is not always in succeeding in everything but in the process of trying, learning, and trying again. I am not sure I would want to succeed at everything.


And from Lisa: (USA)
Travel the world, meet interesting people, write about it and publish, either articles or books. So many places to go . . . and there's a story in every one.




From Jason and Jenn: (USA)

Professionally: Go back to Perdue, combined with my Graphics degree I would then be able to get into Pro/Engineer Mechanical Design. Personally: Continue air-brushing and move into canvas eventually. Jenn would probably start her own business, most likely a bookstore/coffee shop... and would like to start writing books. Both of us: Buy a home with acreage, have kids...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The Godmother" seeing how she is pink. Charlene

Anonymous said...

Well, in discussions here we wondered: What is the definition of "fail?" Is it the absence of all limitations and restrictions that would otherwise hold you back? Because sure, if money were no object, and I were Queen of the Universe, there's lot of roads not traveled. I'd consider a job in publishing . . .but I'd have to live in New York, most likely. Is it worth it?

Hmmm. A coffee shop/book store/wine bar sounds interesting. But do I want to work that hard?

Buying a historic house once sounded interesting - but I definitely don't want to work THAT hard.

And archeology/anthropology has always fascinated me - but there are those ginormous bugs (and back-breaking work) at digs to consider. Ditto for the Peace Corps. Or the field of conserving historically fragile objects seems like a worthwhile endeavor.

Or I could become the world's oldest student and just start collecting graduate degrees - like Noah Wylie in The Librarian!

Bottom line, weeding through the choices - including all the limitations and consequences that come with all those choices - is what makes life interesting. Fortunately, life often comes iwth a second act. If I'm following the American model, I still have two or three careers left.

My deep thought for the day . . .L/ELLE